Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Belfast are looking to recruit a Data Manager to join their team.
The role is available initially for 51 weeks.
Pay rate: £16.18 per hour. 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Work with both structured and semi-structured data, mostly statistical and administrative, in spreadsheets, databases and other formats such as JSON and CSV, to analyse and define the data concepts and relationships/hierarchy
- Data interrogation and coding, using software such as SQL, R and Python to contribute to the development of toolkits used to automate and improve data processes;
- Use innovative software and methods (for example SPARQL, HTTP and RESTful architectures) to validate data models and transfer data
- Communicate with and manage a variety of stakeholders.
- Assess statistical outputs to provide improvement specifications for data analysts to build on and consume;
- Feed into the development of robust and logical Reproducible Analytical Pipelines (RAP).
- Help to inform best practice in terms of data management, security and interrogation.
- Work well in a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
Specific Experience required
- Must have experience in the innovative use of DevOps, data analysis and database administration in order to make data more meaningful.
- Must have experience of using various software packages (particularly SQL) and analytical code used to interrogate multiple large scale databases
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement.
- Must have experience of planning and prioritising own work programme in order to deliver customer requirements at pace.
- At least a second class honours degree [2.2] that includes at least one module in statistics, data analysis or social science research methods
Please send CV using the link provided.