Our Client a modern customer-centric utility focusing on renewable technology, committed to our customers and trusted by thousands of homes and businesses throughout Ireland to meet their needs in an evolving energy environment.
Joining them on a permanent basis, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus an attractive bonus structure. With a market leading benefits package including up to 36 days leave a year, generous company pension scheme, access to Learning and Development opportunities, Wellbeing Programme, Subsidised Gym Membership and free onsite car parking!
Reporting to the Credit Control Team Leader, the main objective of the Credit Controller role is to reduce arrears in line with target while at the same time ensuring all market Codes of Practice, Data Protection and in house department procedures are followed. The role will involve incoming and outbound telephone calls, investigative work to locate debtors, working with third party agencies and reporting information when required to the Regulatory Department. Energia is seeking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller for this post due to the level of responsibility and autonomy required from the outset.
- Making outbound calls to customers in line with company procedure to discuss accounts and arrange payment.
- Taking inbound calls and dealing with customer queries with the ultimate goal of obtaining payment.
- Managing a debt list portfolio.
- Ensuring that all debt management activities adhere to Regulatory Codes of Practice, Data Protection and in-house procedures.
- Monitoring and actioning system To Dos as required and in line with targets.
- Updating customer contacts on the in house billing system.
The post will be offered on a permanent basis and will include an attractive benefits package, including a salary to reflect the skills and experience of the successful candidate. The post will be based in our offices at Newforge Lane, Belfast.
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience in a credit control role.
- Demonstrable understanding of debt chase protocol.
- Experience of effective negotiation with customers in difficult situations.
- Experience of working in a busy, high volume environment and working towards KPIs.
- IT literate, particularly in MS Office.
- Demonstrable understanding of the gas and electricity industry.
- Previous experience of working within an environment governed by strict policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Managing Relationships
- Judgement/Decision Making
- Drive for Results
If interested in this role if you can please send an updated CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org