Our client, based in BT3 are looking for a bookkeeper and office administrator.
This is a permanent position.
- Maintain records of financial transactions, updating accounts, verifying, posting and reconciling transactions.
- Maintain general ledger and preparing a trial balance.
- Manage self-invoicing system.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Generation and lodging HMRC returns and ensuring HMRC compliance.
- Liaising with the Single Electricity Market Operator (SEMO) and the Transmission System Operator (SONI).
- Liaising with customers in relation to accounts.
- Various business support functions including Office Administration.
- Supporting the Control Room Unit Operator as required.
- Contributing to the team effort.
Skills, experience & qualifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Relevant qualification in bookkeeping/accountancy, OR
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the role of bookkeeper/accountant
- A good working knowledge and experience accounting software.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel and Word software packages
- Ability to prioritise and organise multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others, including employees and customers.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft and other office software packages;
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 9001 quality management principles.
- A good knowledge of Xero accounting software is preferable.
Salary & working hours
This is a full-time role with a salary £22-24 aprox Gross per annum. The salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Applicants should note that selection will be made based on essential criteria listed above and a competitive interview.
The successful applicant will be based in Belfast, BT3.
Please forward a CV. The closing date for applications is Friday November 22nd 2019
For shortlisting purposes, please ensure your CV demonstrates that you have met all essential criteria listed.
If interested in this role if you can please send an updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org