Job title: Community Summer Scheme Workers
Location: Newtownards, Bangor, Holywood, Comber, Portavogie
Rate: £9.28 per hour
Hours: 30 per week
AIM OF POST:
1. To be responsible for the overall management and development of the scheme, staff/Volunteers, Centre and equipment.
2. To provide a safe, high quality, play scheme service that responds to the age and needs of the children using the scheme, ensuring good practice and meeting policy requirements.
3. To participate in the planning/delivery of play activities for children.
4. To work in partnership with parents, children, staff and volunteers to develop and deliver a quality service to children and their families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To have overall management responsibility for the staff team and volunteers. 2. To motivate and lead the staff team to provide a high-quality scheme, appropriate to the needs of the children and their families.
3. To hold daily meetings and ensure that there is effective communication within the team on all matters related to the running of the summer scheme.
4. To delegate tasks and responsibilities to ensure effective delivery of the scheme.
5. To contribute to designing and delivering an orientation programme for the team in conjunction with CDO
6.In conjunction with the CDO, be responsible for all aspects of managing children’s behaviour through the children’s behaviour agreement.
At Least 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE (within the last 3 years in a play work setting) in the following areas:
1. Working in a team
2. Delivering Childrens play programme
3. Managing childrens behaviour
4. Ensuring complaince
5. It would be desirable if there was some experience in dealing with children with increased behavioural needs
To apply for this role please send your CV via the link below or directly to email@example.com