We are currently recruiting for x4 admin officer/visitor guides to start asap in the public sector in the Holywood, Cultra (BT18 area). Please see further job criteria below.
Hours of work: Part-time. An average of 18 hours per week, including weekends.
Rate of pay: For an admin officer/visitor guide it's £10.51ph.
Duration: ASAP on Saturday 1st June to 30th September 2019 with possible extension.
Job description: (A further job description can be provided once you apply with your CV)
- To act as a visitor guide to the museum’s exhibits and galleries.
- To be familiar with the history and techniques of particular crafts or skills and to be able to explain and demonstrate these clearly to visitors.
- To demonstrate to the required standard a variety of crafts, domestic and rural skills within the context of the ‘Living Museum’.
- To deliver demonstrations and workshops in traditional crafts, domestic or rural skills to all of the museum’s visitors including families, schools and other groups under the direction of the Visitor Services Department.
- To provide demonstrations and workshops in line with prescribed lesson plans and to contribute to the development of plans and associated research.
- To wear costume appropriate to the trade, profession, social position etc. as required and to maintain a personal appearance appropriate to the period.
- To act as a visitor guide to the museum’s exhibits and galleries and to engage with visitors in a friendly, polite and positive manner that ensures the highest standards of customer care and delivery at all times.
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent) AND 1 year’s experience of work appropriate to the Museum’s interpretive programmes OR 2 years’ experience of work appropriate to the Museum’s interpretive programmes.
- Demonstrable interest in elements of the Museum’s collections and their interpretation to a general audience.
- Experience of working within a customer service environment providing a high standard of customer care.
- Experience of assimilating information and communicating it effectively in a readily understandable way to the general public.
- Experience of working with, and be able to deal with people of all ages.
- Experience of working within a team and as an individual within a team, demonstrating a high level of self-motivation.
If interested, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com with 'Visitor Guide - Holywood, Bangor BT18 area' in the subject title.