Our client is the award winning tea blending company Punjana Ltd based in Belfast. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
We are looking to recruit a technical supervisor to maintain and ensure that all operations meet the requirements of BRC Global food safety standard, TFMS, ISO14001 and ISO45001and to complete routine checks as required by the internal systems focusing on continually improving finished product quality standards.
- To maintain and develop management systems including the management of internal audits
- To complete daily, weekly and monthly checks as required by the internal management systems. To review and retain the necessary documents to support the internal management system.
- To liaise with key customers to ensure that the required standards are maintained.
- To provide technical support/advice to colleagues to ensure we continually improve our technical performance in a proactive way.
- To review customer satisfaction queries.
- To monitor and improve finished product quality through visual product standards and daily comparison and scoring of product
- To maintain product specifications.
- To report any quality, environmental, or safety issues to the Operations Director.
- Ensure legal compliance in relation to weights and measures
- To manage/facilitate quality, environmental and H &S continuous improvement programmes.
- Health and safety risk assessments
- To manage a product testing regime as required.
- To manage the pest control and water testing contracts.
- To manage the supplier base from a system perspective and to complete third party site audits as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Third Level qualification in food science/technology
- Ideally 2 years or more experience within a food manufacturing environment in a technical role
- Knowledge of food safety legislation and BRC management system
- Must be able to complete daily records
- Must be numerate and have the ability to analyse data/information and provide an executive summary.
- Internal auditor training in EMS BRC and H &S would be desirable
- Knowledge of ISO14001, IS045001, and TFMS would be desirable
- IT Literate use of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to communicate effectively internally and externally in a constructive way
- Flexible attitude
- An eye for detail
- Good team player.
- Ability to motivate within the operations team.
- Excellent communication and management skills
This successful candidate will be responsible for technical performance on a daily basis, to the highest standard. This role is Monday to Thursday 8.00am-5.00pm and 8.00am -2.45pm on Friday.
Salary will be dependant on experience and skills.
To apply please submit your CV or call Grainne on 02890720123